The Zentangle

The  Zentangle
A daily thing with me.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Today's Zentangle


This is the zentangle of the day. I began the project before Christmas, but just finished it. The house is cardstock cut from a Cricut cartridge, twice, the zentangle was done in Sharpie Ultra Fine point pen. Once finished the piece is simply taped together.

This picture shows that the project is really a 3-D house.

This photo shows some of the detail. A few of the patterns come from Tanglepatterns.com, a website that teaches about the zentangle.
Since this blog is called "the daily zentangle" it implies that one will be done & displayed each day. I hope to do so, but I may take a day off now & then, so don't hold me to it. Most of my daily zentangles are drawn in a small sketchbook, used for only zentangles. That way I can keep them all together. I begin with a mechanical pencil, then go over the image with a pen, either a Micron 01 fine point or a sharpie, depending on the amount of detail I need. Some contain color, most are black & white. I've done a few with colored pens but they don't have the impact of the black & white images. Stay tuned, there will be more . . . tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. A friend told me about your site.hello! I love doing z's too. I also aim to do one per day, and I do most days.When I get bogged down with tiny little details then it takes a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete